Why Wind makes your Kids Coco Loco and 5 Feng Shui tips to Calm the Crazies
Day #212 of #365 Days of Feng Shui
It’s been a bit windy here lately and some people have brought up the question ‘why does my kid go coco loco when it’s windy?’ So here is my version of the reason.
Energetically Wind is related to the Wood element.
And the Wood Element governs the Liver and Gallbladder Qi.
Liver and Gallbladders job is to detox the body.
And energetically on a windy day what is happening is that the Wood element becomes excessive which stimulates or aggravates the Liver Qi within us. Leading you to feel cranky, frustrated, aggressive and kinda wild and woolly.
Wind stirs things up and brings stuff to the surface.
Notice on a windy day how all the rubbish in the street gets whipped around. Which is a great symbol to say that your crap becomes visible.
Also the wind stimulates the nerve endings that are close to the surface of the skin… which compounds the unsettled feeling.
Though some people and kids love it as it helps to balance another element that may be lacking in their energy.
But if your child really does start to get aggravated, cranky and woolly here’s…
5 Feng Shui Tips to Calm the Crazies
1) Get your kidlet to stomp their feet. This helps to both ground them and shift the Liver Qi.
2) Whilst their stomping their feet get them to shout ‘Ho’. This is the sound that releases excessive Liver Qi from the body.
3) If swimming is on the agenda ask your children to kick their legs in the water, this will also help to shift the Liver Qi. Or get them to sit on a bench or table and swing their legs… again shifts the cranky energy up and out.
4) Dancing and running is a great way to settle the Wood energy as they are Fire Element activities which drains the Wood energy and burns it up. Or anything that’s hot, like having a bath or shower can also do this.
5) Get your children’s hands dirty in the the garden. Lots of grounding activities are great as the Earth Element helps to stabilise and exhaust the Wood element.
Extra Bonus Tip from my gorgeous friend www.Megan Koufos.com, Child Soul Whisperer. Her kid’s went a wee bit crazy the other windy day. This is what she posted on her FB page ‘I just adorned the kids in some lapis, let them run around screaming pulling up the grass and then a hot shower’ ‘they were rolling around and pulling it up…I swear my neighbours must think we are cray cray’.
Better the neighbours go cray cray than you from having coco loco kids from the wind, I’d say.
Hope this helps.
P.S. If you loved this and know of some mumma’s who this would help please share on your Facebook, Twitter and other social media networks you love. And comment below!