Day #165 of #365 Days of Feng Shui (Sacred Space)
Sacred Ritual to Honour those who have Passed.
There has been a lot of tragedies that have really touched and shocked a lot of people on a global scale, especially recently.
I’m talking about war, genocide, natural disasters, missing school children and the recent rebel attack on an international flight.
So many people killed and so many people impacted.
And this grief becomes personal and hard to fathom. It is natural for you to feel grief and overwhelmed by the sadness that these events bring.
Some times it’s become hard to move through this period especially when disasters and tragedies like this are on a large scale and you can easily put yourself in that same situation.
And some times you may feel like you want to help but have no means or are not personally involved to get hands on.
I would like to share just one small ritual that may help you and energetically help support those who have lost loved ones and those who have passed.
A Sacred Ritual to Honour the Passed and Grieving.
How is this ritual beneficial?
- It may help you feel like you are helping in some way. That if you cant be there in person to hold someone’s hand or heart, you can do so from a distance.
- Helps to hold the space for healing and support to occur for those affected.
- It provides you with a focal point in which to direct your support or own grief.
- Allows you to create a space of sacredness for you and others.
- It’s a practical and physical representation of your love and support for others.
- It’s love and support resonates out for those it is created for with Divine intention.
- It’s a purposeful and meaningful act which symbolises your thoughts, feelings, love and connects you to something larger than yourself.
A simple way to create a Sacred Ritual.
- Use anything that holds special meaning for you.
- Candles are used often in this kind of ritual as they symbolise Light; meaning the Divine, shining light on the situation, healing of the highest degree, transformation, and seeing through any darkness.
- You may wish to use crystals, I have used Rose Quartz here as a symbol of love, to bring softness and ease for the situation.
- You may wish to place a picture or statue of an idol which symbolises your faith, truth or support.
- I have placed feathers to represent Angelic support and certain people who passed.
- Lighting incense, burning essential oils or playing music may be used.
- And any other special item which hold sacredness for you.
- And creatively place them in a space where you can honour them.
How to use your small Sacred Altar
- Set your intention for who or what the ritual is for.
- Light your candle/s.
- Call in your spirit guides, ask for Angels or the Higher Spirits, the Divine/God/Goddess.
- Say a prayer. Ask for healing to occur for all those involved. Asked for love and light. Ask for forgiveness and compassion. Ask for Divine support on all layers and all levels.
- Breath into your heart. And sit with in this space. Breathe here. Breathe in the light from the candle and breathe out the love for others.
- Feel into your body. Stay here a while.
- Send gratitude for the Love that is present. For the Higher Energies support. For those that have passed and those who are giving.
- Say thank you.
I hope this helps you to move through this time.
Much Love and Light xx
P.S. Please share it on your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site just for the LOVE of it.
And please share in the comments box below because sharing feels good.