Day #151 (Sacred Space)
How to create a Sacred Space for someone who is terminally ill or dying.
This is one of the most sacred events of anyone’s life. Apart from birth, death and dying is highly emotive and highly amazingly sacred.
And creating a sacred space for the person who is passing is such a beautiful and special gift you can provide for them.
When you create a space like this for your loved-one on their passing, you are assisting them by providing comfort, love, presence, beauty, sensory pleasure, nurture and connection.
You ultimately help create their last place on this earthly plane (for now, if you believe in reincarnation)
And you can help to create beauty, to hold the space for them to pass.
Holding space is a divine, sacred and spiritual act where you allow a person to sit within the beauty of their own self awareness with the Divine, or Universal Love.
So much healing, enlightenment and connection can happen in this space (the most precious space on earth and where you can feel the most present and connected)
Here are 10 Beautiful Gifts to creating a Sacred Space for someone who is terminally ill or dying.
1) Bring in their favourite flowers to see, feel, smell or touch..
2) Open the windows and curtains and let them feel the fresh air on their face.
3 )Burn their favourite essential oil or combine it with a base oil and rub the combination over their arms, legs chest and neck.
4) Bring in photos of their family and friends and cover their walls with pictures of their happiest times.
5) Cover their bed in their favourite colour.
6) Bring in their favourite dress, necklace, hat, scarf and dress them if possible.
7) Play their favourite music.
8) If they love candles and crystals, create a nice altar for them with their favourite spiritual icons.
9) Spray flower essences around the room to support the transition and grief.
10) Allow the space to be noisy, quiet, chaotic, calm. A space for crying and for laughter, for rest and for activity. Go with the flow; breathe with them.
And an extra bonus tip… be sure you nurture yourself through this process too.
You deserve rest, hugs and love too xxx
There is so much more you can do, but this is a good start x
P.S. Please share it on your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site just for the LOVE of it.
And please share in the comments box below because sharing feels good.