Feng Shui Beauty
Day #260 Days of Feng Shui
This week the College of Natural Beauty is celebrating Natural Beauty Week here in Australia.
And I have been wanting to write this series for almost 6months. So now is a good time.
So what does natural cosmetics or personal products got to do with Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is not only working with the energetics of your environment but also the health of your environment. And lowering your chemical intake and exposure is part of increasing the health of your space and you.
So let’s look at some of the main reason’s to dump your chemical cosmetics.
- Many contain carcinogens
- Many contain hormone disruptors
- Many are eye, skin and lung irritants
- Babies are now being born with 200 chemicals surging through them.
- They can be environmental pollutants
- Or contribute to the destruction of our environment e.g. palm oil
- Even scientists don’t know the synergistic effects each chemical has on one another in one product.
- Can cause organ damage
- there is no regulatory body which tests the safety of cosmetics.
- ‘Almost 90% of ingredients used in cosmetics and personal care products have not been safety tested for human health effects’ (Breast Cancer Fund, 2006) (from N.Bijlsma Healthy Home, Healthy Family pg 211)
Over the week I will cover…
- What is Green Washing
- Why to be cautious of labels saying ‘Organic’ and ‘Natural’
- Top Ingredients to avoid
- Some of my friends favourite chemical free products
- My favourite Natural Cosmetic websites
- And how you can research to find out whether a product is safe.
So stay with me as we explore….
Feng Shui Beauty.
P.S. If you loved this post then share it with your friends on Facebook and twitter by clicking on the icons below. And share your experiences by commenting in the box! Mwah x