Cleansing Fire Ritual for Releasing and Letting Go.
Day #236 of #365 Days of Feng Shui
This easy yet potent ritual can help to clear unwanted emotions and thoughts by using your intention and the act of ritual.
Negative patterns, thoughts and emotions can become stuck and something that we become easily attached to.
Sometimes these thoughts or emotions become like a broken record, with your thought processes going over and over in a never ending cycle.
A beautiful way to release some of these negative thoughts and processes are by practicing a Cleansing Fire Ritual.
How to perform a Cleansing Fire Ritual
1) Gather your tools – pen, paper, place to create your fire (see note below), lighter and/or candle.
2) Sit in meditation and connect with yourself. Take a few moments to acknowledge how you are feeling, what your body feels like and what your thoughts are doing.
3) Start writing down on paper all the emotions or thought patterns you are wanting to release. Write until you have nothing else to write. Take as long as you want and use as much paper as you wish. By writing out all of this you are acknowledging your feelings, you are acknowledging what no longer serves you and that it is ok to have these feelings, but it is now time for them to go.
4) Once you have finished writing say out loud “I (your name) hereby banish (and then read out your list). From all layers and all levels, throughout all time and space. And so it is, and so it is, and so it is.”
5) Then fold your paper 3 times.
6) Place your paper in your bowl, fireplace etc and light it. Watch it burn and make sure it is burnt completely. (Take safety measures to complete the burning e.g. extinguish embers with water etc)
7) Sit in meditation and thank the Fire Element for helping you to release what you needed to. And then breathe in Light and Love into your being.
Note:- If you have a fireplace, fire pit etc this is ideal to use. If not, using a large ceramic or metal bowl outside and out of the wind is best. I always bring a ceramic plate with me that is larger than the bowl to place over it once the paper is completely finished. And always burn safely and not within a high fire danger season.
Big Note:- This is a ritual you can do as much as you like as long as you are careful and safe with the fire aspect, we don’t need any house or bush fires. Also be aware this ritual may not be appropriate for all situations, please be sure you nurture and support yourself properly and seek professional assistance when you need it e.g. counsellor, GP etc
P.S. If you loved this ritual please be sure to pass it on by sharing on your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media that you love, by clicking on the icon below. Also would love to hear your story, please comment in the box. Mwah to you x