Day #166 of #365 Days of Feng Shui (General)
Sacred House Warming Gift
The purpose of giving a house warming gift is to help the new owners or renters bless their home. It acknowledges that a fresh start, new opportunities and possibilites has begun and wishes the occupants well in their next phase.
This tradition spans many countries and centuries and has strong symbolic meanings and purposes.
And here are…
9 Sacred House Warming Gifts
- Salt – is said to bring spice to your life, though it is also a great energy cleanser and protector. It also helps to absorb bad smells and dampness.
- Rice – is a sign of fertility and creating a health family.(hence why it is thrown at weddings)
- Bread – is given so that the owners never go hunger. That they will always have their bread and butter coming in even through hardships.
- Broom – helps to sweep away built up negative energy and dark spirits. Keeps the home energetically clear and clean.
- Honey – is given so that the occupants get to taste the sweetness in life.
- Money – abundance, abundance, abundance. Need I say more?
- Plants – represents growth and good health. Helps to create new potential, ideas and inspiration.
- Candles – creates light and warmth to the home. And symbolises that there will always hope and direction.
- Wine – symbolises joy, properity and riches
P.S. Please share it on your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site just for the LOVE of it.
And please share in the comments box below because sharing feels good.