21 Feng Shui Tips to Creating your Sacred Love Altar.
Day #171 of #365 Days of Feng Shui
Love or romantic relationships can be the most bliss-filled and challenging interactions you can have throughout your life. As they become your mirror.
And unfortunately, in these busy times you can forget to check-in with your partner and relationship. I personally find this to be true when you throw in a few small children and your own businesses into the mix. And in any long-term relationship, you can lose focus on where-you’re-at as a couple, your vision or intention for each other.
On the other hand, if you are looking for love and not receiving any sign or physical representation of what you want in your life, it’s important to create a vision for yourself to open up your possibilities of receiving.
And the good news is that you can create your own beautiful practice to help you to achieve or strengthen a fulfilling love partnership; by creating a Sacred Love Altar.
Creating an altar for you and your love is a gorgeous symbolic way to honour your relationship. It can hold the space to celebrate your values, hopes and wishes and to allow the energy between you to continue to blossom, evolve and deeply connect.
And if you want to attract love, creating an altar dedicated to this, opens up a space or platform for you to express the qualities and possibilities you would wish to have. It becomes a physical manifestation of what you symbolically wish to attract. And says to the Universe – ‘I am open to receive love and an intimate relationship’
Also, by tending to your altar regularly, it allows the energy to build. This helps to transform aspects of yourself and enhances your ability to create your ideal love relationship.
So here’s what you can do to start to create and build your love connection…
According to Compass School Feng Shui, the South West sector of your home represents marriage or/and intimate relationships. Which means this sector will help support this aspect in your life.
Your bedroom is your most intimate space in the whole of your home. It represents your inner you, it holds the intimacy of your relationship and sacred union. When working here, in the SW sector you allow your conscious desires to sink into your subconscious.
21 Feng Shui Tips to creating your Sacred Love Altar.
1) Set your intention. – You may wish to write down exactly how you want your relationship to feel like. e.g. supported, trusting, respectful, passionate, fun, joyful, happy etc… and as you are going through your list start to notice how it feels in your body.
2) You may want to write your list of desires on beautiful paper of red or gold. This can then be folded 3 times and placed under one of the symbolic tools listed below.
3) Clear the South West sector in your bedroom and dedicate it to your Sacred Love Altar.
4) Your altar can be as simple or as complex as you wish it to be. It is an expression of yourself and your intentions. You can change it, enhance it when you feel it needs to be and it will evolve as you and your relationship does. So allow it to become an organic process.
5) Gather symbolic items that represent you and your partner or future partner and your desired relationship. These may include….
6) A red or pink cloth on which you can set up your Altar. Red represents passion and pink inner love.
7) A photo of you and your partner in your happiest time. Place it in a frame. If you want to attract a partner you can use a framed artwork than represents a passionate couple.
8) Always have pairs of symbolic tools, not just one of everything. Coupling symbols creates support for two people.
9) Two candles – always a bit of a must-have. Candles and flames represent igniting your heart and passion. It helps with any transformation and lights the way.
10) Burn essential oils or incense which helps to enhance sensuality, love and connection, such as, rose oil, sandalwood, ylang ylang, geranium.
11) Placing a pair of crystals to energise and hold space for love such as Rose Quartz or Rhodonite
12) Placing spiritual icons which represent Divine union such as Radha and Krishna whose love is said to be the highest and purest of loves.
13) A pair of feathers to represent your love taking flight, reaching the heavens and freedom in love.
14) In traditional Feng Shui, placing a pair of mandarin ducks symbolises a mate for life, though if ducks isn’t your thing using any other animal totem which represents this same energy can be used .e.g. swans, love birds.
15) Bring life and colour to your altar with flowers as they help to lift the energy. Roses are the universal symbol of romantic love.
16) Placing two love hearts side by side is the universal symbol of romantic love.
17) Using affirmations when working with your altar can be powerful e.g. as ‘I honour the Divine gift of Love as I open into a deeper and more sacred connection of love everyday’
19) Using Michelle McGrath’s Sacred Self’s, Passion – Alchemical Oil on a daily basis can help to spark your passion and fire up your heart.
20) Learning when the best time to set your intention and create your altar can really help to increase your potential for your best outcome. Using the moon phases, like the New Moon is helpful and may help support your process.
21) By tending to your Altar everyday you continuously activate the energy and helps to build up it’s potential. Say your affirmations outloud, burn your oils, light your candles, use your feathers to clear the space, say thank you and sending love are all ways in which you can work with your altar.
Wishing you the biggest love-filled and passionate relationship to enter your life as you deserve it!
I would love to see your altar too! Please post yours and share the love x
P.S. Please share it on your Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site just for the LOVE of it.
And please share in the comments box below because sharing feels good.