12 Tips to Feng Shui your Handbag for Wealth
Day #238 of #365 Days of Feng Shui
I’m not someone who owns a hundred handbags. Yes I do own one, and am not a big handbag shopper.
But what I really love is to have a bag that suits me, my personality and for it to be practical. So my bags will always be a ‘sling across the shoulder’ type of bag. And better still, one a friend has made me. My beautiful friend Nicole made this bag for me (in pic)
Though you may be different. You may love to have a different one for each style you like, event you got to or different ones to match your outfits.
However you use them, most people will agree that they will reflect you and your personality. And they also hold some of your most prized, sacred and personal possessions.
Some regular items you find in handbags:-
Personal care items such as tampons
And then there’s added items of what your doing and where your going for the day.
But essentially your handbag can be seen as an insight into you and your life style – your survival kit in this modern age -what you hold near and dear – your connection to the outside world.
And your handbag holds essential communication, access and wealth items.
So here’s what you can do to enhance this potential….
12 Tips to Feng Shui your Handbag for Wealth
1) Declutter. Yep stripping it back to the bare essentials will help declutter your life, your head and open up space for new opportunities and abundance to come in. Do you really need that extra lip stick, your 3rd brush or hand wipes? It will also lessen the weight that you carry around with your every day. Do you really need to burden yourself?
2) Have a handbag that you actually love. When ever you pick up your handbag you want to feel a bit of excitement, joy or a sense of practicality; this will be the energy you bring to your everyday dealings and flow of wealth.
3) Clear out your Wallet too! Especially those receipts and anything that makes it feel stagnant. Keeping cash in your wallet, preferably a $50 or $100 dollar note, at all times can help set your money mindset and help you feel that you are always abundant and reminding you that ‘like attracts like.’
4) Remove any unused keys from your key ring. Not only does this lighten your load but it represents a direct flow that you can open doors and opportunities. Also by placing colourful rubber holders on your keys provides you with a colour code that helps you to access doors more quickly and easily.
5) Declutter your phone and delete messages you no longer need. By decluttering your phone and messages it allows the flow of communication and opportunities to come to you more easily; with out the channel being clogged by old messages, people you no longer call or texts that you don’t need.
6) Use colours that you love and represent abundance to you. Green, black and red are great colours for abundance. Though you can also use colours that represent your wealth according to your Chinese Astrology e.g. it could also be yellows, oranges or blues.
7) Keep your handbag healthy. Choose organic cosmetics over potent chemical ladened ones, organic cotton tampons, low volatile organic compound (lox toxic) fabrics and dyes, ethically farmed leather etc this will just make you feel good as well as be friendly to our environment.
8) Carry abundance crystals in a pouch. You can specifically select crystals to help raise your vibrations for abundance. e.g. Clear Quartz, Citrine and Jade and keep them in a pouch in your handbag or wallet.
9) Place 3 x i Ching coins in your wallet. It’s a great little practice to do to be a reminder of that you can create abundance and they are also used as symbols or talismans to help protect your wealth.
10) Alway ensure you place your loose change in your wallet and not just thrown in the bottom of your handbag. This may bring the energy of neglect to your wealth abilities so ensure you place your change in the correct place for the abundance energy to channel straight to your wallet.
11) Make sure everything works and looks good. I just looked at my wallet and it looks a little haggard. And I just realised it’s about 10yrs old. It has certainly served it’s purpose but I think it is time to make a fresh start and joosh it up a bit. Giving yourself permission to have nice items to hold your wealth and possessions reminds you that you are worth it. Another good practice is to always ensure everything works e.g. zippers, buttons and ensure there are definitely no holes in either your wallet or handbag.
12) Create a handbag that when you put your hand inside, you know exactly where something is and can reach for your essential item easily. If you constantly have to fish around inside through used tissues, old receipts, shopping lists etc it complicates the energy, your headspace and energy flow. Having everything clean and clear helps the energy to flow easily and smoothly, then the Qi knows exactly where to place the money, opportunities and communication!
EXTRA TIP – It’s really not recommended to place your bag on the floor (as in pic). I learnt this first from my mother-in-law and her other South American friends. It’s thought to be bad luck. Also from a Feng Shui perspective its disrespectful in regards to money. Ensure that you can hang your handbag up somewhere or place it on a bench or table.
So it’s now time to take action!
Pick up your handbag and look to see what you can do, right now, to improve your potential to receive wealth.
P.S. If you loved this post please share on your Facebook, Twitter or other social media that you love. And I would love to hear what you have found in your handbag and how you have created a beautiful space for abundance to build. Share your experience in the comments box below.