Meditation is for You if you...
- Are stressed out
- Find yourself anxious and on edge
- Are craving time and space from the external noise
- Feel exhausted and rundown
- Feel like you can't get on top of things
- Have kids. Full stop.
- Feel overwhelmed and can't make simple decisions
- Are busy and feel like you can't time manage
- Want to improve your general health
- Constantly worry
- Are unable to focus or feel unclear about change
- Want to explore different ways to improve your wellbeing
- Wish to open up communication with your inner knowing
- Want to release tension and baggage
- Want to increase your self-awareness
- Want to find new ways to calm your mind
- Are just wanting to learn a new life changing skill
Health Benefits of Meditation
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Can improve the immune system
- Reduces the triggers of stress
- Calms the fight or flight process
- Triggers the parasympathetic nervous response
- Decreases your pain response
- Lowers anxiety
- Can be used to manage depression
- Helps you to regulate your emotions
- Improves your memory
- Helps decrease metabolism
- Improves heart rate
- Improves sleep
- Reduces stress
- Increases compassion and sense of connection
- May help to increase your creativity
- Improve how you relate with yourself and others
- Increases information processing
Your 6 Week Meditation Class
Introduction to Meditation
Week 1 will provide you with the foundations for meditation and you will participate in at least two easy meditations.
- Information regarding benefits of meditation
- Sitting positions
- The breath – Yogic Breathing Technique/Meditation
- Safe place Meditation
With the rush and busy life of today you may not get to spend the time to stop and listen to your body. You will learn two meditations that will assist with body awareness to release tension and increase relaxation.
- Identifying where pain or energy blocks are – Body Scan Meditation
- Tense and release Meditation
You will explore how to use colour in meditation and how it can be used to move blocked energy and increase your body’s own healing potential.
- Colour Nidra Meditation
- Chakra Meditation
Your body has been designed to move and it releases endorphins with healthy movement. It’s time to get out of your head and truly into your body!
- Meridian Movement Meditation is a gentle meditation which helps assist the healthy flow of energy in your meridian system
- Movement Meditation with Osho’s Kundalini Meditation. You will be moving your body to the music!
You will experience how sound can be used for meditation and how it assists in focusing the mind as well as triggering healing responses in the body.
- Mantra Meditation
- Crystal Singing bowls
The last session will be dedicated to truly bringing you into balance and nurturing yourself with these two different meditations. They help to release tension in the mind, body and spirit, another concentrates on sending and receiving love and compassion for yourself and others.
- Yoga Nidra
- Loving Kindness
When you participate in this 6 Week Class you also receive...
Access to Stop. Breathe. Listen Facebook Group to assist you with accountability, motivation and any questions you may have about your practice during the week.
Weekly emails providing information regarding the meditations for the week ahead.
Recorded MP3 + MP4 downloadable meditations to keep forever! And to use for your practice during your week.
Downloadable PDF Diary to diarise your meditations and experiences
What if I can't sit cross-legged?
That’s totally ok! I don’t like sitting crossed-legged for too long either.
Most of the meditations in the class will be in a seated position on chairs or laying on the floor. We will also be standing up and moving too. There will be times when you may wish to sit on the floor and just go with whatever is the most comfortable for you.
I can't meditate. Can I still come to the class to try?
Everyone can meditate! Everyone! And it may just be that you haven’t found a suitable type of meditation that you personally resonate with.
Sometimes people believe that meditation is about learning how to stop thinking. And if they can’t stop thinking they are failing at meditation. This is impossible, you cannot stop thinking. Though you can learn to calm or observe your thoughts rather than getting caught up in them.
What is the age limit of this class
This meditation class is designed for adults, 18 +.
Children’s classes are shorter, depending on the age group of the child. Due to the time frame allocated, this class is best kept for adults only.
If you are interested for your child to participate in a meditation class, please feel free to have a chat with me and I may be able to organise a separate class.
Do I need to bring anything to the class?
Yes! It’s best to wear comfy clothes, e.g. loose fitting pants. You will also be asked to take your shoes off.
Please also bring your water bottle, a warm wrap and a yoga mat will be necessary for some classes.
7 Meditation Myths Busted for You!